Sassyfras and I did some St. Patrick's Day crafting this morning while the boys were elsewhere. I was inspired by these paper strip Easter Eggs. We used old magazines instead of card stock.
- Start by tracing the shamrock onto a piece of green construction paper.
- Cut along the inside of your tracing to leave the outer edges of the green paper intact.
- Cut strips of magazines in desired colors. Sassyfras and I were looking for rainbow colors.
- Organize your strips on another sheet of paper, making sure to overlap slightly so none of the construction paper shows through. Glue in place.
- Glue the shamrock cutout over the paper with the magazine strips.
- Cut any excess magazine strips off.
This project was cheap and easy and made good use of her cutting skills. I think it turned out super cute!
Linking to: Link and Learn, Kids Activities Blog, Hip Homeschool Hop, We Made That Wednesday, Kids Weekly Coop, For the Kids Friday, TGIF!, Crafty Moms Share, The Sunday Showcase