Friday, January 17, 2014

Family Birthday Traditions

Sassyfras and Juiciness turned six this week!  I miss those little babies keeping me on my toes, but I really love my six year olds that are still keep me on my toes!  

birthday traditions

We have a tradition of decorating the birthday child's door the night before their birthday.  Little J helped me decorate their doors this year.  They love the Despicable Me movies and the minions.  I used the free printable template from The Pink Doormat to make them out of construction paper.  Halegrafx has free printable minion eyes that we used.  I heard how excited they were about them at 5:30 in the morning, very excited I tell you!

family birthday traditions

I dropped by their classes for story time and snacks later in the day.  I read the book There's NO Such Thing as a Dragon by Jack Kent.  This is a very cute book about a boy who finds a dragon in his room one morning, but his mother tells him that there's no such thing as a dragon. A silly story ensues as the dragon attempts to be noticed.  The kids signed a copy and gave them to their teachers.

kids birthday traditions

Then I got a wild hair and decided to make their birthday cakes...two cakes...that were a little more involved.  Half way through the second cake I wondered what on earth I was doing.  Anyway, they loved, loved them and in the end it was worth the trouble.  (They were Duff cake mixes found at Target.)  

 photo signature2_zps97adbaf3.png

Linking to:  Kid's Weekly Coop, Sharing Saturday, For the Kids Friday, The Sunday Showcase

No comments :