Saturday, December 21, 2013

New Year's Eve Party with Kids, 2014 Magic

New Year's Eve Party for Kids

My husband and I pretty much stay in to celebrate New Year's Eve since having children. It's a whole different fun from our 20's...30's, we'll stop there.  This year, we have a theme for our party "2014 Magic".

New Year's Eve Party for Kids

It all started when I found these party crackers at Home Goods.  I had been toying with the idea of making our own this year, but these just looked too cute to worry any further.

New Year's Ideas for Kids

I'm not big on resolutions, but I love to plan and make goals.  This year, I've printed "2014 Magic" cards, one for each month (I used the business card template in Word).  I'm giving one month from each season to each child and asking them, with mom and dad's help, to think of a family activity we could do together during that month.  During the course of the year, we'll have 12 planned dates together as a family.

New Year's Ideas for Kids

Some of our other "magic themed" activities for the night:

magic potion drinks

~Make kaleidoscopes
~Make balloon animals
~Play with glow sticks and pop its
~Little J will entertain us with magic tricks from his kit
~Revisit our Q&A journal (I bought this for Little J, but it never really took off.  I'd like to start jotting down short passages after dinner as a family)
~ Play favorite board games 
~Watch Rudolph's Shiny New Year or movie of choice
~Open our party crackers

Ideas for New Year's Eve Party for Kids

We'll ring in the New Year somewhere around 8:30 or so with a sparkling cider toast.

 photo sig1_zps8a7de834.jpg
Linking to:  Sharing Saturday, For the Kids Friday, Link and Learn, Block Party at Making the World Cuter, Kids Weekly Coop


Phyllis said...

You look so ready! I haven't even thought about it year!

Natalie AfterschoolForSmartyPants said...

Oh, you are really ready! I think you will have a wonderful celebration, and I love your Magic Goals idea!

Carrie said...

Sounds like a wonderful night!! Love all of your ideas. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

Lani said...

I love this idea! We normally write our individual family wishes to each other for the upcoming year and seal in an envelope. Then we read them the next NYE and reflect. I will definitely add your idea! Think I may make a jar for me and hubby so he can't get out of "date night". heahea!

Kelly said...

I love the idea of wishes for each other...we may steal that idea. And yes, date nights are a must!

Danielle said...

I'm here to snag your goal printable from last year, but I also love the 2012 Magic idea, planning monthly family dates. Going to see if I can whip something up for that too. After I finish changing the tree decorations to white lights and balloons (thank you Pinterest). Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Danielle said...

Ooops, I mean 2014 Magic. Ha, probably won't be the last time I say/type the year wrong!