Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Special December 1st Christmas Pajama Tradition

Like many families, we have a Christmas pajama tradition.  Our tradition is to give Christmas pajamas, a book (usually a Christmas one, but not this year), and some small candies ( this year an advent calendar) on the 1st of December.  I know many families do this for Christmas Eve, but I love to see the kids wear and enjoy their new jammies all month long.  They're especially cute when we go out to see Christmas lights or stay up to watch Christmas movies.

Special Christmas Pajama tradition for kids

Our Christmas Eve tradition is to give homemade pillowcases.  I have the material picked out for this year's cases, I just need to sew them.  I'll share soon, but you can check out our previous years' pillowcases in the meantime.


 photo sig1_zps8a7de834.jpg

3 comments :

Natalie AfterschoolForSmartyPants said...

I love this tradition. Still looking for the Christmas PJs that I like this year :)

Christy Killoran said...

Cute idea! We do Christmas Eve pjs. I also want to thank you for the link to the thankful wind spinners in your previous post - we will be doing that tomorrow morning when I have our thankful breakfast (thanks for that too!). I still read, but am not so good at commenting these days. I always think of you when we have our Happy Friday Nights!!!

Kelly said...

Hi Christy!!! I've been bad about reading and commenting too. I'm trying to stay off the computer more. I always think of you when I make a pumpkin martini. Hope all is well. I'm going to pop over to your blog and say hi. Enjoy your breakfast. Isn't Amy's thankful wind spinner great!