Friday, November 15, 2013

Mini Suitcase Turned Advent Calendar with Printable Activity Cards

Easy advent calendars for kids

I thought I would get our advent calendar post all in one place.    I've transformed a mini suitcase found at Target into our advent countdown calendar for the year.  

kids' advent activities

I used Christmas die-cuts by Recollections found at Michael's to decorate the top and the activity cards that you can download below.  The pack includes numbers 1-25.

easy advent activities for kids

We'll start our countdown on December 1st.  I will change the activity card inside and the number on top each evening for the kids to open the next morning. Each card has an activity, a book suggestion, and a bible verse from the Christmas story.

christmas activities for kids

Most of the activities are pretty simple and inexpensive.  Some of our more elaborate plans will happen on the weekends or once school is out for winter break.  

christmas ideas for kids

I might include a little prop or goody that goes along with the advent card.

Linking to:  Saturday Show and Tell, Sharing Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, Get Schooled Saturday, Super Saturday Show and Tell, Chic and Crafty, Remodelaholic, A Handmade Holiday Link Party, The Party Bunch, Link and Learn, Serenity Now, Think Pink Sunday, Monday Funday, Block Party, The DIY'ers, November Sharing, Shabbilicious and Christmas, Show Me What Ya Got, Tuesday Tots, Wow Me Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, Christmas Wonderful
 photo sig1_zps8a7de834.jpg


Deb Chitwood said...

These are so sweet, Kelly! Thanks so much for sharing your activity cards! I featured your post as a Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest. :)

Kelly said...

Thank you Deb! That is so nice of you to this post with your readers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Two Shades of Pink said...

No way! You even used the target suitcase! I think it's so cool we thought of the same idea for this little suitcase! I absolutely ADORE your printable. It's just lovely and i'm so glad you told me about your project. Lots of hugs Kelly!!! xoxo

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

What a fun idea! They turned out beautifully. I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers.

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

What a fun idea! Pinning it to the Monday Funday board. Thanks for linking it up!

Kelly said...

Thank you Katie! So glad you liked it. I can't wait to start it with the kids. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jennifer Dawn Oliver Shelton said...

What a neat project! I love all the advent activities!