Thursday, November 14, 2013

Advent Activities and Countdown for Kids, 2013

See this post for your link to download our activities.

advent activities for kids

I think I'm almost finished planning our advent countdown for this year!  I was in Target one day and found these adorable mini suitcases in the storage bin isle and had a Mr. Gru moment "light bulb".  

unique Advent calendars

Using some Christmas die-cuts from Recollections (found at Michael's) and scrapbook paper, I prettied up the tops of them.  I used Washi tape to I could easily remove the papers and reclaim the mini suitcase for another use later.  

The die-cut pack includes numbers 1-25, they're perfect for a countdown.  I filled the inside with shredded paper in Christmas colors.  

advent activities and countdown for kids

Each day, I'll change the number on the top and put a slip inside that has an activity, book suggestion, and a bible verse for the day.   I used the rest of the die-cuts to make the papers cute.  Some days will have a little goody that goes along with the activity of the day.

advent ideas for kids

Supplies to make our Advent Countdown
Mini suitcase found at Target
Scrapbook paper
Shredded paper in Christmas colors
Christmas die-cuts or scrapbook elements
Washi tape

6 comments :

Lindsay said...

I love how these suitcases turned out! Seriously adorable!! I need to start planning our ideas out for this year. Sammy and I counted how many days until Christmas today and I had a mini panic attack!

Tamara Gerber said...

LOVELY! :-)
When do you get to do things like this? At night between midnight and 3am?
Will you do another post in December so we can see how the Kids enjoy their countdown?
I am working on an advent calendar post myself.

Tracey Kite said...

Oh I love the suitecase idea! And you made it so cute, thanks for sharing with us at We Made That Wednesday!

Mindie Hilton said...

So cute. Love those suitcases. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

Natalie AfterschoolForSmartyPants said...

I have to go look if our Target has them - your idea is simply brilliant!

Deb Chitwood said...

I love this Kelly! And thanks so much for sharing your printables. I was happy to feature your post and photo in my Christmas Countdown Activities post. :)