Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Homemade Watermelon Paletas

We made some watermelon paletas using Fany Gerson's book Paletas. It's a book that we borrowed from the library last year and really enjoyed, so checked it out again this summer. Her recipes are easy and use healthy ingredients.  Last year we made Mexican chocolate, mint and lime, and strawberries and cream paletas from this book.  Our molds were purchased off of Amazon and we've had good success with them.  


watermelon popsicles

Ingredients
watermelon 
water
sugar
lime juice
You can find the recipe in the "look inside" sample on Amazon on page 24. 

watermelon paletas recipe

These were very refreshing and I really love knowing my kids aren't eating a ton of sugar and food coloring when they have popsicles.

 photo sig1_zps8a7de834.jpg

9 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

This does look super yummy! Great recipe.

Elise@growcreative said...

I'm really into making popsicles this summer and these look so tasty! I'll have to try them out!

Melinda said...

i had popsicle molds in my hand last week but my husband said I wouldn't make them, I think he's wrong with seeing how easy these are. I'd love if you shared this on our #kidsinthektichen linky this week http://lookwhatmomfound.com/2013/06/blueberries-right-from-the-garden-kidsinthekitchen.html

Melissa Whitcher said...

Yummy!! We love watermelon. Thank you for sharing at our SImply Create Link Party!

Jana from HowToRunAHomeDaycare said...

My daycare kids love watermelon. I'll be trying these for sure!

Julie Rogers said...

These look delicious and perfect for summer! We would love for you to share at our first Super Summer Saturday party here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/06/super-summer-saturday-party.html!

Thanks!
Julie

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

Perfect summer treat! Thanks for linking them up at the Make Bake Create Party!!! :)

Brandi Morgan said...

Oh my! These look great! Thanks for linking them up at the Make Bake Create party last week, I have featured them in my party post this week!

DinoMama said...

Going to try to make this over the weekend =)