Friday, May 10, 2013

Lemon and Feta Dip, Happy Friday Night!

My husband and I used to have a little date night on Friday nights. I would make an appetizer and drink for us to enjoy after the kids went to bed.  Now that they're older, we're more comfortable with leaving them with a sitter and actually getting out of the house.  We still enjoy a nice appetizer and drink most Friday nights, even with the kids up running around!

Lemon and feta dip, appetizer tray

I think I just found a new favorite dip recipe at Sweet Paul.   It's a lemon and feta dip that is so delish and ridiculously easy to make! I made it for the first time a few days ago and had a serious craving for more, so we'll have it for our "happy Friday night".

lemon and feta dip

You just need some crumbled feta cheese, lemon, garlic, olive oil and your favorite crackers or veggies.

lemon and feta dip

I'm serving the dip with some flat bread crackers, cucumbers, and warm tomatoes.  I made the tomatoes by tossing them with some olive oil and sea salt.  I placed them in a parchment paper baking dish and roasted them at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.  Let them cool and garnish with fresh oregano.

roasted tomatoes

I think this appetizer would pair well with just about any drink.  We're having a gin and tonic tonight.  Our weather has been unusually rainy and cool, but it finally warmed up today and was just beautiful.  We'll enjoy this on our deck.

appetizer and drink pairings, gin and tonics, lemon and feta dip

Check back tomorrow when I'll highlight some fun ideas from our Summer Bucket List Party 2013.  The party is still open and I invite you to join us.


Photobucket 

2 comments :

Leslie said...

I love sweet paul!!! The dip sounds great.

Paul and I have been married for almost 23 years and we just started dating about 3 years ago. : ) now we make sure that we meet for lunch a few times a month ... I love our afternoon dates.

I was just thinking about my summer bucket list. I checked yours out and it looks like its going to fun summer!!!!

Lindsay said...

Yum this sounds and looks delicious!!