Monday, February 11, 2013

Sidewalk Chalk Conversation Hearts, 14 Days of Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them

I wanted to do this yesterday, but the weather didn't cooperate. I drew conversation heart messages on our front walk for the kids to find after school today.  I wrote their names in a few of them.   This was a simple way to use both words of affirmation and spend quality time with my kids with one easy activity.  

ways to show your kids you love them

My neighbor came out about the time I was drawing my 10th heart and looked at me a little funny.  I was reminded of the line from one of the Madagascar movies where the penguins say, "Just smile and wave boys".  So I endure a little embarrassment to show my kids love, I can live with that.

ways to show your kids you love them

Sassyfras said, "It's beautiful mommy".


ways to show your kids you love them




Photobucket Pin It

Linking to:  Link and Learn

2 comments :

Phyllis said...

What a creative idea! I never thought of using chalks outside during the winter. They are so cute.

Amie M said...

I love that thought "Just smile and wave boys". I am going to remember that for the next time I am caught by another adult doing crazy things with my kids :)