Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mailbox Letters, 14 Days of Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them

Instead of doing a "10 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them" post for February, I thought I would invite you to join me for 14 days of ways to show your kids you love them. A little something to do each day leading up to Valentine's Day. Now this isn't meant to mysteriously stop the day after Valentine's Day, it's just a little something fun and a way to get started doing little things each day. Nor is it meant to take the place of saying "I love you" a million times a day.


Telling our children specific things we love about them can really light them up.  We've had these tiny mailboxes for a few years now, but I added a few foam stickers to freshen them up a bit.  I'm pretty sure I bought them from the Target dollar bins.  

 photo mail2_zps587b517a.jpg

I'm going to put their mailbox next to their bed this week.  Each night when I check on them before I go to sleep, I'll put a new note in them and put up the flag.

 photo mail1_zps6d3e60a5.jpg

Using words of affirmation or praise don't come naturally to me.  They aren't something I need a lot of, so I sometimes forget that others do need to hear those words.  I found a few articles on line that talk about using words of affirmation or praise with children that I found helpful, see below.

Joyful Learning, Love Language: Words
Web MD, The Right Way to Praise Your Kids
Preparing the Soil, Thoughts on Affirming Our Children

See the rest of the series here:


Photobucket Pin It

2 comments :

Erica MomandKiddo said...

I love this idea so much!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I know one little girl that would love that too :)