Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine Themed Family Fun Night, 14 Days of Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them

Instead of doing a "10 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them" post for February, I thought I would invite you to join me for 14 days of ways to show your kids you love them.  A little something to do each day leading up to Valentine's Day.  Now this isn't meant to mysteriously stop the day after Valentine's Day, it's just a little something fun and a way to get started doing little things each day.  Nor is it meant to take the place of saying "I love you" a million times a day. 

Spending quality time with our kids is one of the best ways to show we love them.  Tonight, we're having a family fun night.  We're going to make strawberry milkshakes and play Hearts.



Valentine Family Fun Night

Supplies for our family fun night
  • cups, napkins, milkshake straws all found at Target
  • eeBoo Heart playing cards found at local toy shop (you can use regular playing cards)
  • Milk, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, whip cream
  • blender
Hearts can be a tricky game, so we'll probably play in teams or "open hands" until the kids get the hang of it.  See this site for playing rules.



Photobucket

10 comments :

Phyllis said...

What a wonderful idea!

Christy Killoran said...

Love this!

Candice at Picture Perfect Parties said...

Great creative idea, might have to this! :o)

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love your special little things for your kids. I bet they enjoyed their family fun night!

Sugar Aunts said...

I love these ideas! Thank you for sharing. I would also LOVE to invite you to share on our weekly link up party at Share It Saturday. We have lots of creative learning, crafts, educational ideas and more submitted each week. Yours would fit right in! I hope to see you there :) http://www.sugaraunts.com/2013/02/share-it-saturday-5.html
Colleen at Sugar Aunts

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

What a great idea!! And such a simple and sweet way to spend time with the kiddos! We just played Candy Land tonight as a family! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was hoping to follow along with this, but haven't seen another post about it after the second day. Are you still doing it? I was super excited to do it! Hope to see more! Thanks!

Kelly said...

Yes, so sorry about the delay for day 3 and 4. We had some sickies here. We still did something, I just didn't have the time...or energy after poor sleep to post. I'm so glad you're enjoying this series and following along!

Carrie said...

Oh, so much fun!! I love the idea!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Deb Chitwood said...

What a wonderful series, Kelly! I pinned it to my Kids' Valentine's Day Activities Pinterest Board: http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-valentine-s-day-activities/