Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve Party and Activities with Kids

New Year's Eve activities for kids

I hope you're having a wonderful start to the new year.  We had our traditional party at home last night. We were fortunate to have one of my best friends in town join us for the festivities.  She was one of the friends I spent most of my 20's and some of my 30's with every New Year's Eve.  We agreed that last night was just as wild and crazy as the "olden" days...just a different wild and crazy ;)  Imagine 2 four year olds and a silly 8 year old each armed with multiple hooty horns.

Shaving Cream Painting for New Years

I saved some of our shaving cream painted bags from last year and used them to hand out little surprised during the evening.  I had glow in the dark balloons again, some snaps, and beaded necklaces in them.

I didn't take pictures of the food, but we did lots of finger foods like shrimp cocktail, an antipasto plate, a cheese plate, and fruit with chocolate fondue for dessert.  It was easy to put together early in the day and young and old enjoyed the food.

We played some Wii games, Uno, and Zingo 123 before toasting in the New Year at 9:00.  

New Year's Goals for Kids

I'm not big on resolutions, but I do love a good goal or big dream.  So, I printed these pages out for the kids and asked them to tell me about some things they would like to see us do or accomplish this next year.  Little J would like to learn to swim breast stroke and Sassyfras and Juiciness want to learn to write and ride a bike without training wheels.  They all want to go to Nana and Papa's house at the beach.  I'm also thinking about some of my own goals for them, our family, and myself.


New Year's Goals printable

I think you should be able to right click copy and print this jpeg if you'd like.  


Wonderful Family Activities Blog

3 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

It looks like a good time was had by all. We also rang in New Year at 9 pm. Anna wants to learn to write in cursive and see snow this year :)

Lindsay said...

What fun!! Sounds like you guys had a great night!

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had an amazing evening. I went to my friends house and we had fun. But we came home exactly before midnight. So we celebrated new years here at home lol.