Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Glittered Peppermint Winter Play Dough

Winter Play Dough

We made a batch of winter play dough using glitter and peppermint extract, after seeing this pretty play dough on Pinterest.  I used our regular recipe and just added peppermint extract and a lot of glitter.

Winter Play Dough recipe

I printed and laminated the mats from Prekinders.  Sassyfras and Juiciness used our Montessori wooden numbers to count "snowflakes" using pasta wheels.  

 Winter Play Dough

If they press the pasta into the play dough like a stamp it makes a pretty snowflake impression....too far and it gets stuck.

Here are some other ways I've seen this play dough used...

No Time For Flashcards makes "tracks in the snow".
Ten Kids and a Dog made letters with it.
The Imagination Tree (gluten free recipe) made snowballs and stars with it.

Great mommy blog


Lindsay said...

This turned out so pretty!!! Isn't it amazing how much glitter you have to add to make playdough sparkle!

Beth ( said...

So pretty! Love the pasta impressions!!
Beth :)

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

I LOVE the idea of using wagon wheel pasta to make impressions in play dough. So pretty!

We made glitter play dough recently also. I love the way it looks!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Pretty! We haven't done a homemade playdough in a long time...

Katie @ Gift of Curiosity said...

I love the idea of using different shaped pasta to make patterns in the play dough!

Niccola Drake said...

I love the idea of the pasta being the snow flakes.

Deb Chitwood said...

What awesome playdough activities you have, Kelly! This is perfect for winter! I featured your post in my Montessori-Inspired Winter Playdough Activities at

maggy, red ted art said...

My kids ADORE glitter playdough. Love your pasta shapes too. I think we need a playdough session today!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty. Of to stumble.


Carrie said...

Oh, how fun!! I love using the pasta for imprints too!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!