Friday, December 21, 2012

It Doesn't All Have to Be Planned, Simple Play


I needed something to keep the little ones occupied the other day while I finished a project.  I didn't have anything planned, so I put some foam Christmas stickers and letters on a tray and set some construction paper with it.  I set out what I thought was a mindless play activity aimed at keeping little hands busy and out of trouble...they turned it into another activity altogether.  


It turns out that it wasn't so mindless at all, but it was play and fun for them. They practiced writing letters and numbers, even made a word or two, counted, and did some fine motor practice while taking off the sticker backs.  Sometimes simple is more than meets the eye!

Photobucket Pin It

Linking to:  It's Playtime!, Link and Learn


Justine said...

I love when things turn out like this!

Raising a Happy Child said...

They seem to be working hard on this!

Ticia said...

I love projects like this. Princess does a lot of things like this all on her own, and it always makes me so happy.

Sherri said...

I have been full of simple this Christmas season!