Monday, December 17, 2012

Horse and Carriage Ride

Photobucket

This past weekend we reserved a horse and carriage and took the most beautiful ride through the "big city" to see lights.  We've never done this at Christmas time before.  Our driver took us through the historic district and was wonderful about telling us the history of the city and homes.  

What to take on a horse and carriage ride.

Now a horse and carriage ride is exciting in its own right, but with a few other things it becomes even more special.  I made some popcorn and hot cocoa to come with us.  I also picked up some red glow necklaces and the kids made a set of jingle bells.  We didn't forget our driver or our horses.  I had a holiday card and a tip for the driver and a bag of apples for the horses.

easy to make jingle bells

Photobucket

3 comments :

Lindsay said...

ohhh my goodness how fun!! I bet the kids loved it!

Raising a Happy Child said...

You are always so thoughtful. I bet the kids enjoyed it a lot!

Sherri said...

That's a fantastic idea for a horse sleigh ride!