Saturday, December 8, 2012

Everyday Play Made Christmassy

I thought I would share a couple of simple things I did this week that made old play things new again and resulted in hours of creative and imaginative play.

Christmas play tent


The first one was I put a strand of Christmas lights on the kids' play tent. They made a sign that says, "North Pole Express". They proceeded to pretend to drive Christmas toys all over the world, read Christmas books in there, and a lot of other fun play. It took me all of five minutes and has led to hours of entertainment.


Christmas train table

The other one was I gave the kids some small buildings, people, and trees from a Christmas village set to use on their train table.  I found the houses at CVS and the other things we already had.  Wow, this was a hit.  Lots of fun!


Photobucket

4 comments :

Ticia said...

That looks like so much fun! I like the Christmas lights added in, nice touch!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Love the tent idea - we need to get our tent out one of these days!

Carrie said...

Oh, I love it!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Santa's Letter Elf said...

What a great way to invigorate old toys and foster their imaginations - love it!