Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Cookie Baking Day with Kids

My little helpers made cookies with me yesterday.  First we made a batch of sugar cookie dough using this recipe.  It's the same recipe I used last year.  I'll be rolling it out and making cookies tonight for the kids to decorate for Santa tomorrow. 

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Then we tried a new to us cookie recipe...chocolate crinkle cookies using this recipe.  It's a very simple recipe to do with kids and makes about 2 dozen cookies.  I took a few pictures of the kids while baking, but I mostly wanted to just enjoy being with them...plus I had sticky dough hands most of the time.  


Photobucket Pin It

2 comments :

Justine said...

We made these for the first time this year too! We included them in the neighbors' gifts. Merry Christmas! ~Justine

Raising a Happy Child said...

Lovely cookies. It looks like you are making the most of the Christmas season!