Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Eve Pillowcase Tradition

I give the kids their Christmas pajamas at the beginning of December, but I still wanted a little something special for Christmas Eve.  Last year, I made them pillowcases and they loved them!

Burrito pillowcase

I'm doing it again this year using an even easier pattern and tutorial that you can find here.  It's called "The burrito" pattern.  Seriously, if you can sew a straight line you can whip one of these out in no time flat.   

christmas pillowcases

It's made sweeter by adding turndown service and a little chocolate Kiss!


Photobucket Pin It

Linking to:  Tot Tuesday, Show off Your Stuff, Christmas Eve Pillowcases, Sharing Saturday

9 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Your kids are so loved :) Beautiful tradition, Kelly!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Love the festive fabric you chose. I also love the burrito method. I discovered it this year, so quick, and makes such a nice handmade gift.

Sherri said...

My mom makes us Christmas pillow cases! :) (She still sends me one..even though I'm grown...I love it)

Carrie said...

Oh, how beautiful and fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Deborah Alter-Rasche said...

Thanks for linking this lovely idea and tutorial up to Tuesday Tots. I have featured it this week here http://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2013/01/6-simple-diy-ideas-for-kids.html. Look forward to seeing what you link up this week :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow cases that you made! Where did you buy the cute fabric? Did you make the gingerbread men garland as we'll?

Kelly at Little Wonders' Days said...

Thank you! The fabric came from a local fashion fabric store. Unfortunately, they don't have this fabric in stock anymore and I can't remember the designer. I'm on the hunt for this year's fabric right now.

The garland was from the dollar bins at Target last year.

Raven said...

What do you do with the old ones from previous years? Do You only use the pillowcase for one night? I love the idea, just curious how you implement.

Kelly said...

Hi Raven,

Good question! My kids fall in love with them and I have to wash them until spring...when I usually hide them. I use good quality fabrics, so they last well. I imagine they will probably be pulling the old ones out any day once they see me decorating the house.
best,
Kelly