Sunday, December 9, 2012

Kids Advent Wreath Craft

I love the advent activities that my kids did in Sunday school last week. Little J's class made an advent activity chain. Each link has an activity to do that is character building, service based, or a bible activity. Some examples have been, "Offer to set the dinner table, say a prayer for your neighbor, clean your room without being asked, etc". Most of the links are on purple paper with the last week being pink, and the final one white.

Advent activities for kids

Sassyfras and Juiciness's class made these adorable paper plate advent wreaths.  They took a paper plate and covered it in green crepe paper squares.  Then they took strips of paper, folded them in half and glued them to the plate to make the advent candles.  The first candle was "lit" last week.  Today they will "light" a second candle using the "flames" taped to the side of the plate.  Can this be any cuter?!

advent craft for preschool


Photobucket

8 comments :

Jodie @ Growing Book by Book said...

Love the paper chain idea!

Facebook said...

I love the idea but in Ireland we're not allowed carry out any activities that could be considered religious since there has been so much immigration. Everybody is careful about what they say,if a child chooses to include a religious symbol of their own accord that's completely different, but we can't influence them. That's the law now!

Anonymous said...

The Identity I choose is my own & I didn't intend for my previous comment to be attributed to Facebook but since I haven't supplied you with an email account yet it seems pointless to choose gmail. However Facebook may need to be supplied with an apology so if they come looking for one I'll let them know where to find it. But if you think I'm going to supply my identity after that debacle, NO.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Paper chain idea is good! I was a little surprised at first with religious bent of the crafts, but then read "Sunday school", and now it makes sense.

Mama to 4 said...

Feel free to share your post and link it up @ Learn and Link http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/2012/12/montessori-happy-birthday-learning.html Have a great weekend!

Carrie said...

Very cute!! I love the Advent wreath. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Lisa H. said...

Thank you for the cute Advent wreath idea! I totally forgot I am the "craft mom" for our church's "moms & tots" group tomorrow. I frantically googled for pre-school Advent crafts and got your blog. Pinning it to fave blogs :)

Kelly said...

Thank you Lisa! I can't take the credit for the idea of the wreath, that came from our sweet Sunday school teachers. I just adored it though. Have a wonderful mom and tot day!