Friday, November 9, 2012

Pomegranate Martinis, Happy Friday Night!

I haven't posted about our "Happy Friday Nights" in soooooo long, but we still have them and still love them!  Happy Friday Night is Dr. Wonderful and my "date night in".  It's hard to go out regularly with kids and a general busy life, but it's so important to get time as a couple.  Most Friday nights, I make a simple appetizer and cocktail for us to enjoy after we get the kids to bed.  However, since the kids are getting older and staying up later, it's turned into more of a bedtime snack and cocktail...which is also fun, just saying.


pomegranate martini recipe


This picture is from earlier in the fall, but it's also what we're having tonight....pomegranate martinis.  I use the same recipe for these that I use to make a cosmopolitan, except I switch out cranberry juice for pomegranate juice.  I can't remember what I paired with these that particular night, but tonight we're going to have a small lobster pizza (yes, I'm drooling as I type).  I'll have to share that later.  

Recipe for a Pomegranate Martini 

mix a 1:1 ratio of the following:
  • pomegranate juice
  • citrus vodka
  • triple sec
add a squeeze of lemon juice (lime for a cosmopolitan) and shake in a shaker of ice.  Strain into a martini glass.  Optional:  add a few pomegranate seeds.



2 comments :

Christy said...

They look great!

Mud Hut Mama said...

Such a great idea. We might have to try our own date night in as I'm always complaining that we never get out! I love your solution.