Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spooky, Spidery Halloween Table and Book Basket

I brought some of our Halloween decorations down from the attic yesterday. After dinner, the kids transformed our summer breakfast table into a spooky, spidery spot.

halloween with kids

I also changed out our themed reading basket with our fall and Halloween books.  I keep our seasonal and holiday books separate so they're special when they're put out for reading. The kids spent the remainder of the night reading their "new" books.


Photobucket 

7 comments :

Christy said...

Fun! I keep our holiday books boxed up until the season too. It does make them extra special.

Lindsay said...

What fun!! I love pulling out the seasonal books!

raisingrainbows said...

Spooooky!!! I do the same thing with our holiday books! We're on day 2 of the holiday reading :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love how you set the mood for the holidays - your decor looks awesome. We do the same with seasonal books!

Twins(bi)mamma said...

THAT NICE POST! BECOME YOUR FAN. SOON

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I've just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Come check it out at
http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2012/10/one-lovely-blog-award-times-2.html

Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs

Leslie said...

Fun!!! I keep a basket of our favorite books out also. I miss those days of book shopping with my little ones ~ but we still get pleasure in reading those old childrens books that I've hung on to.