Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cooking with Kids, Friday Fun

pumpkin chocolate chip bread

This is my breakfast this morning.  It's pumpkin chocolate chip bread the kids made yesterday for "Friday fun".  The house smelled of this bread all night and I couldn't wait to get a piece this morning!

pumpkin chocolate chip bread

We cheated a bit and used a box mix from Trader Joe's.  I'll have to say for $2.99 a box, it sure is good and it made it simple for the kids to do the entire mix all by themselves.  I stood back and took pictures!  They added a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, they love the bread like this.  The box suggests adding dried cranberries and almonds...which I think Daddy and I would like better ;)


Photobucket Pin It

4 comments :

Sherri said...

One of our new neighbors brought us that same bread...it was delicious! I need to go buy a bunch for a quick breakfast!

Phyllis said...

Sounds wonderful!

www.fashionablefoods.net said...

Your blog is cute and the snaps are the best..:)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Hmm... I always hesitate to use box mixes, but maybe I should give them a try. This bread looks delicious.