Saturday, August 4, 2012

Margaritas in the Ice Cream Maker

ice cream maker margaritas

Last weekend I made frozen homemade the ICE CREAM maker!  (for husband and me of course!)  They didn't freeze up quite as well as the kids' Hawaiian punch slushies, but they were really good.  

Frozen Margarita Recipe
1 cup of fresh lime juice
1 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of fresh orange juice
1/2 cup-1 cup of simple sugar syrup (add to your taste preference)
1 cup of tequila

I mixed all my ingredients together and chilled them well in the refrigerator.  Once the mix was cold, I poured it into our Cuisinart ice cream maker and started it.  It took a good 20 minutes to get it to a slushy consistency.  Run a lime around the rim of a glass and dip in salt before pouring the margarita.  Garnish with a lime wedge.  

I made fresh guacamole for our appetizer.  It's so simple to make and healthy! 

Guacamole Recipe
2 very ripe avocados
1-2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
1/4 of a white onion chopped
salt to taste
fresh lemon or lime juice to taste

Mash the avocados and add the other ingredients and mix.  I like to leave the avocado a little chunky, others may like it what you like.  Sometimes I add tomato, cilantro, or even black beans.  

Little Wonders' Days Pin It

Linking to:  Show and Tell, Creative Genius, The Saturday Seven, Shoe Me What Ya Got

1 comment :

heather at wordplayhouse® said...

What a refreshing way to enjoy this drink (and, to get more use out of your ice cream maker)! And, a great pairing with guacamole (one of my favorites)! ~heather