Friday, August 17, 2012

Decorating the Birthday Door Tradition, Angry Birds

I tucked my oldest into bed for the last time as a 7 year old last night.  I can't believe Little J is already 8 years old.  We have a tradition of decorating the birthday kid's door the night before their birthday.  This is the door Little J awoke to this morning.  


"That's really cool mom!"

birthday tradition, angry birds birthday door

I found the banner at Target.  The red bird is cut out from a dinner plate and the yellow birds were cut from a napkin (also found at Target).  I used construction paper to make the slingshot and TNT box.

Photobucket Pin It

Linking to:  TGIF!, For the Kids Friday, Super Link Party, Sharing Saturday, Show and Tell, Show me what ya got

5 comments :

Christy said...

Our boys are so close in age - Collin turned 8 on the 8th. You know, I remember you posting this last year and I had every intention of adopting this tradition and I forgot about it. I am writing it on my calendar because I have to write things down to remember them (I always forget to check things I save online in Pinterest and the like); that means I am old - I still rely on handwritten things!!!! Happy Birthday to Little J.

Earning-My-Cape said...

Hee hee! That turned out great!!!
Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Happy belated birthday to Little J! It's a cool tradition to have!

Carrie said...

What a fun tradition! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday....LOVE THE DOOR!!