Friday, July 20, 2012

Cucumber Gin and Tonics Recipe


Welcome to our Happy Friday Night!  

I try to make a special cocktail and appetizer for my husband and me on Friday nights. It's our little "date night in".  I tried something a little different last week and made cucumber gin and tonics. Our appetizer was a basic chips and salsa.

cucumber gin and tonics, happy friday night, cocktails

When we ate dinner at a local restaurant a few weeks ago, the chef offered up a few summer cocktail recipes they were serving.  One of them was a cucumber gin and tonic.  It sounded refreshing, but I opted for a blueberry mojito instead, but knew I wanted to try this at home.

cucumber gin and tonics, happy friday night, cocktails

You basically make a regular gin and tonic with a couple of twists.       


Recipe (makes 2 drinks)
Hendrick's Gin (This gin has a cucumber infusion, but I'll warn you that it is a little pricey)
Tonic Water
Cucumber Peeled
Fresh Lime
Ice


Fill two highball glasses with ice.  Muddle half a peeled cucumber in a shaker with 2 shots of Hendrick's gin and the juice of 2 lime wedges.  Strain into the highball glasses and top with tonic water.  Garnish with additional cucumber and lime slices.  It's a refreshing and tasty drink for a sultry summer night!



Little Wonders' Days Pin It

Linking to:  Tatertots and Jello, Show and Tell Saturday, Six Sisters' Stuff, Made by You Monday
Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments :

Lorie K said...

Oh my. I'm not a gin fan but you may have just changed my mind. Those look so good!

Plum said...

Oh I am a huge Gin fan and can't wait to try this!!
http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/07/TexasEtsyFinds.html

Jenny Edwards said...

I love the way you layout your photos! What photo program do you use?

Little Wonders' Days said...

Hi Jenny,

Thanks! After Picnik closed I found picmonkey. It's very similar to picnik and pretty easy to use.

Kelly

Leslie said...

They sound pretty good!!! I hope that you had a great date night!!