Friday, July 13, 2012

Brandy and Peach Popsicles, Happy Friday Night!

Welcome to our Happy Friday Night!  
Most Friday nights, or sometimes Saturday night, I make a cocktail and an appetizer for hubby and me to enjoy after the kiddos are in bed.  It's our little date night in, so to speak.  Last week though, I made grown up popsicles instead!

brandy and peach popsicles via Little Wonders' Days

I found a fun blog called Endless Summer that has a bunch of fun grown up popsicle recipes.  Their recipe is actually for bourbon and peaches, but I didn't have any bourbon, so I substituted brandy instead.  

brandy and peach popsicles

Peaches are perfectly ripe here now and so juicy and delicious.

For this recipe you will need:
1/4 cup of brandy or bourbon
1 cup of ripe peaches
simple sugar syrup
2 cups of plain yogurt

brandy and peach popsicles

I halved the recipe and it made 6 popsicles. Fortunately, I made these the day before because they took overnight to freeze well enough to remove from the molds.  They were very tasty!

Little Wonders' Days Pin It

Linking to:  Making the World Cuter, Made by You Monday, It's So Very Cheri


Raising a Happy Child said...

This looks simple enough for me to try. I have a hunch they will be popular :)

Lindsay said...

You are amazing and these sound delicious!

Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut said...

Wow those look amazing! I think these are going on my Friday Finds for next week! :-)

Christy said...

I don't know if I like brandy, but as soon as I stop nursing, I am making these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut said...

You've been featured on my Friday Favorites! :-)