Wednesday, June 6, 2012

School Supply Teacher Appreciation Card

I wanted to help Little J and his classmates make a couple of cards for their teachers this week.  I think the candy cards are so cute, but one of their teachers doesn't eat chocolate !*@gasp.   So, I thought they could do the same thing with school supplies.  This is what we came up with.

teacher appreciation


poster board/markers/stickers/ribbon/heavy duty tape
a ruler
a calculator
a highlighter
a Sharpie
an eraser
a glue stick

What the card says

Dear Ms.________,
It's been a (insert ruler)long year, but by our (insert calculator) calculations, it's been a great one!  You've given us the (insert pencils)"write" stuff to make our (insert markers) mark in 3rd grade.  There are too many things to (insert highlighter) highlight from our wonderful year, but they made a (insert Sharpie) permanent mark on us that can't be (insert eraser) erased.  We wish we could (insert glue stick) stick with you forever!

Thank you for (insert crayons) coloring our world this year!

Your Smarties (insert bag of Smarties)

I link to these parties.

Little Wonders' Days Pin It


Christy said...

That is super cute!

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a terrific idea! I need to remember it for the next year card. I can't believe little J is going to be a 3rd grader already!

Christina Morley said...

What a fantastic idea! I've shared it on Google+

author and mom blogger at

Sarah said...

this is adorable! :) So creative!

Lindsay said...

Great job!! Very creative! Whats up w/ the no chocolate.. Sammy doesn't like any either!

Debs- Learn with Play @ home said...

Love this! So cute. And I'm a teacher and have gotten many gifts over the years.. this is one I'd remember and treasure for sure :) Thanks for linking it to the Kid's Co-op. Debs :)

Keitha said...

This very cute and clever. Thanks for sharing. I pinned it.

Enchanted Homeschooling Mom said...

What a creative idea!

Sherri said...

This is awesome!!!
Great job!

Carrie said...

What a wonderful idea!! I would love it if you would share at my Teacher Gift Link party!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Beth ( said...

This is such a fun idea! I featured this at TGIF this week - - Thanks for linking up & I look forward to seeing you again this week!
Beth =)

Tera said...

This is great! I love the candy cards and this take on it is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing! I am so using this!