Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Friday Night!

friday night date, appetizer and drinks, gin and tonic, portobello mushroom

This post is for Christy at Snacks and Stories!  

I haven't posted a "Happy Friday Night" post in quite sometime, but my husband and I still enjoy an appetizer and cocktail after the kids are in bed most Friday nights.  Sometimes it has to wait until Saturday, but it's our little date night at home.  

This one was from last week.  I made grilled portobello mushrooms and gin and tonics.   I'm not sure the two pair perfectly well, but gin and tonics just seem so perfect for our beautiful weather that night.

To make our mushrooms...

Marinade portobello mushroom caps in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a tad of garlic (remember this is date night) and a sprinkling of salt.  Layer them with some bruschetta (I use Trader Joe's brand), roasted red peppers, and pancetta.  Top with some grated parmesan reggiano cheese.  I grilled ours on low for about 15 minutes.  They were so good!  The mushrooms were so filling that they turned into our dinner. 

To make a gin and tonic...

Fill a glass with ice and add a shot of good quality gin.  Top with tonic water and a good squeeze of lime.  Stir and serve.


Happy Friday Night!



Little Wonders' Days Pin It

4 comments :

Lindsay said...

I finally bought stuff and prepared for this! I am going to make jalapeno bacon bites for tonight :-)

Candice at Picture Perfect Parties said...

I love making little date meals with the hubby too, we usually make a wine tray with different cheeses, meats, olives, fruits, and crackers, (minus the wine for me, since I'm preggers) It's nice to reconnect with the hubby after the little one goes to bed. Your recipe looks great, will have to try. Happy Friday! :o)

Christy said...

You are so sweet! Thanks. I love these posts - I have copied so many of them!!!!!

Sherri said...

Yummmy!
I love this!