Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dessert, Sunshine Fruit Plate

One of the things I love about summer approaching, is the plethora of fresh fruit it brings.  We love fruit in our house.  This is the platter I made for our dessert last night.  It was demolished!


sunshine fruit plate

I started by cutting up a fresh pineapple into chunks and used it as the base on the plate.  It helped the other fruit stay in place.  Then I sliced up some cantaloupe and watermelon and layered them around to look like sun rays.  I thought I would give it a little smiley face with some raspberries and blueberries.  


I link to these parties



Photobucket Pin It

12 comments :

sunnymama said...

It looks fabulous! It would be lovely if you'd like to share this with our summer carnival. :) http://sunnydaytodaymama.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/all-year-round-blog-carnival-summer.html

Phyllis said...

Very pretty presentation. I bet it does get the kiddos to eat it!

Gina said...

My son would love this dessert...as would the rest of the family. Pinning this to make for a family picnic! :)

Tami said...

Looks fabulously Yummy! My kids would eat it in a heartbeat! Well, maybe not the pineapple. But I love pineapple so its a win win situation!

Christy said...

This will be devoured in our house too! Are you not posting your Friday nights anymore?

Anonymous said...

Super cute and yummy too!

Kerri

Raising a Happy Child said...

So cute! A great way to welcome summer!

kewkew said...

This is so cute. Not sure what linky I found you on. I hope it is okay that I pinned this to my sun board.

hannahw said...

Very cute! My Link and Learn post is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/enchanted-childhood-playschool-may-14th.html

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Yum yum - that would be gobbled up at our home! So cute!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is such a wonderful display! It would disappear quickly at my house.

Kelli Becton said...

Beautiful - my post for next weeks link up involves watermelon and fruit ;) thanks for linking with KIK!