Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pink Delicious Smoothies

Photobucket 
Sassyfras and Juiciness were balking at my lunch offerings yesterday, so I decided to offer them a smoothie.  Smoothies aren't something we have very often, but they jumped at the offer. 

Photobucket

Sassyfras helped wash and cut the tops off the strawberries.  She is still learning to cut, but she did pretty good.  We loose a bit of berry when she helps, but I figure it's worth the practice.

Photobucket

We put fresh strawberries, some vanilla Chobani yogurt, and strawberry Kefir in the blender and mixed it all together.  It was a tad sour, so we added a little honey too.

Photobucket

We read the book "Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink" by Victoria Kann while they enjoyed their pink smoothies.  They seemed to really enjoy these smoothies.  I guess we'll have to make them more often.


Photobucket Pin It

5 comments :

Lindsay said...

Yum!! We love smoothies over here!

vicky1970 said...

Hi there,
Your blog is great! I just found you and am your newest follower. Lots of great ideas I can tell. I teach first grade and blog about teaching and being a mommy. :o)
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Raising a Happy Child said...

Yummy and healthy too!

Sherri said...

Love smoothies! :)

MaryAnne said...

That smoothy sounds delicious!

I need to make smoothies more, too - especially since my kids love green smoothies with spinach!