Friday, February 17, 2012

A Timeline of Abraham Lincoln's Life

Little J and I are working on a timeline of Abraham Lincoln in celebration of Presidents Day on Monday.  We've just started working on it, but I thought I would share in the event you wanted to do something similar.  
president's day activities for kids

We started by reading the book "Meet Abraham Lincoln" by Barbara Cary and watching a video on Brain Pop.  Little J cut out some clip art pictures that I printed from WP Clipart.  He has also started to write down events that he thought were important in Lincoln's life.  Once he finishes this list, we'll organize them in timeline order and start our timeline.
Supplies we're using for our timeline 

Easel paper roll
Pencil and colored pencils
glue/tape
scissors
Informational resources

So far, this has been a fairly independent activity with some direction given here and there.  I'll share our final results on Sunday at the AfterSchool Linky Party.  I hope you join us for the party!            Go here to see our final timeline post.
Little Wonders' Days

Photobucket     

4 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Nice idea! We are not doing anything for President Day at home, but Anna said that they read Lincoln Hat in school and that Lincoln "stopped the Civil War". This is good enough for now :)

Sarah D. said...

Very cool idea...may try with my son!

Danielle said...

What a cool idea. I will have to try this out.

I have a Sunday Blog Hop going on and would love for you to link up:>

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-blog-hop-1_19.html

MiaB said...

Cool idea!! Lincoln's life has always fascinated me.. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. Hope to see you next week.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com