Friday, February 3, 2012

Hearts of Gold, Heart Bible Verses

14 Days of Hearts, Day 3

Photobucket


When I saw these little "love cakes" at a local bakery last night, I couldn't resist them.  I bought a couple for us to share for dessert tonight.

Photobucket

Last year, we did a countdown to Valentine's Days with a "love chain", a paper chain with Bible verses about love inside them.  This year, I thought I would do "Hearts of Gold".

Photobucket


I found six verses about the "heart" that I liked and printed them on labels (Avery 8160). Then, I put the labels on the backs of gold heart doilies. We'll read them as we enjoy our yummy dessert tonight.

Photobucket

You can download our verses below.  I printed them on Avery 8160 labels.
Heart


Photobucket


Linking to:  TGIF, For the Kids Friday

5 comments :

Lindsay said...

Wow that cake looks very very tasty!! I love the hearts of gold verses!

Christy said...

Great idea!!!

When I saw the cake photo, I assumed you made it and my jaw hit the floor - beautiful! I bet it is delicious too!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very nice idea! I am sure those cakes are delicious.

Sherri said...

Love the scriptures!
Love the treats!
perfect again!

Debra Seiling said...

I never thought about putting Bible verses on Avery labels before. What a clever idea. Debbie
http://bible-passages.blogspot.com