Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Easy Heart Collages for Kids to Make

14 Days of Hearts, Day 8

heart collages, valentine's day


I raided my art supply bins to find some miscellaneous items for the kids to make heart collages last night. I had leftover chipboard pieces, sequins, mini pom poms and ric rac, and hand me down foam pieces that I put out in bowls.  I cut out hearts from cardboard for them to use as their canvas. 

countdown to valentine's day

I love that this project is open ended and they can create however they want.  I also love that at their age, it's a fairly independent project with a low mess factor.  Plus, they love to do them...they've already asked to do another one this morning.


Photobucket

12 comments :

Lindsay said...

This turned out so cute!!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Nice idea. Strangely, photobucket seems to misbehave, so I couldn't see the final result :(

Raising a Happy Child said...

Oh, now I could see it - gold shells are so pretty. I love how different their hearts are.

Ticia said...

Oh, I love this idea!

Christy said...

Very cute.

Sherri said...

Awesome job!!
They turned out perfect!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

I LOVE all of the different textures and colors!

Mama Jodi said...

My kids are going to love doing this. Thanks!

MissMOE said...

This turned out so well!

MiaB said...

What a great project for the little ones to just "have a go at it." I find that those are the projects that my little one really really loves and wants to show off to everyone :) Thanks for sharing this idea with us at Sharing Saturday.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What fun. I have so enjoyed your valentine series!! You are so creative - it's inspiring =) thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week =-)
Beth

Lindsi B said...

Adorable! I love the way it turned out! Great idea, so glad you shared on TGIF! Would you please link up for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html