Wednesday, January 25, 2012

M and M Cookie Bars, Yum!

Valentine Cookies, M&M cookie bars

I invited the kids to make M&M cookie bars with me this past Saturday morning.  Only Sassyfras took me up on the offer.  Little J was interested in a project he was working on and Juiciness was busy playing Legos with Daddy.  I'll skip ahead and say that it took no invitation to come to eat them!
Photobucket

I used the recipe found here, and substituted the chocolate chips with Valentine M&M's.  It was an easy recipe and so good!  The cookie bars took a little longer to bake than the recipe calls for the cookies.
Valentine cookie bars

Christy at Snacks and Stories made M&M cookies this past week too and had a great book to go with it. You can find her recipe and book recommendation here.  She has a bunch of fun books and easy snacks on her blog.

Photobucket



Linking to:
Fireflies and Jellybeans, TGIF, Once Upon a Weekend



9 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Sweet! I love the times when my daughter is so engaged in something that she declines the chance to play with me. That happens... oh, about never :)

Lindsay said...

Yum!! :-)

Jill@babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, Oh My! said...

Those look fab!!!

Christy said...

Thanks for the link. Your bars look so good! I haven't made bar cookies in a long time.

Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut said...

These look amazing! Found your blog via pinterest and I'm now a follower...gotta love it! :-)

O-Town HD said...

These look awesome! I bet they'd work as superbowl food.... hmm

atnumber29 said...

this looks awesome! off to find the frecipe, thank you!

Sherri said...

M&M's make everything divine!
They look great!

sbswtp said...

What a yummy yummy treat!!! And fantastic pictures as always! Thank you for linking up to Whatcha Making Wednesdays!! :-)