Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bake With Me Saturday

Photobucket

I love baking with the kids.  It's an easy way to spend some time together and learn at the same time.  Not to mention the outcome is usually delicious!

Photobucket

Sassyfras got an apron from one of her aunties for Christmas. We decided to put it to use today and bake some molasses cookies together. Juiciness joined us too, but didn't want to put on his apron! He doesn't seem to like to wear one anymore.

Photobucket

I pulled all of the ingredients out before we started. We used the recipe right on the back of the Grandma's Molasses jar. The kids always insist on smelling all the spices before we bake.  This time they wanted to smell the molasses.  I'm not sure they were impressed.  Let's hope they like the cookies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This dough turned out very nice and was very easy to work with.  We rolled it into small balls and dipped the tops of some in rainbow colored sugar sprinkles and some into regular sugar.

Photobucket

Yeah!  They liked the cookies!

Little Wonders' Days

Linking to:  Sharing Saturday, No Time For Flashcards, It's Playtime!

8 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Oh, yum! Anna also loves to bake and generally help in the kitchen. I plan to do more of it this year.

Christy said...

We love to bake molasses cookies! The apron is super cute.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

These look really yummy!

Lindsay said...

Those look delicious!! Eat one for me! :-)

sbswtp said...

Yummy!!! I would love for you to link up to Whatcha Making Wednesdays (baking/ cooking projects that are kid friendly)

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

These look very yummy! I love baking with my little ones too :-)

I've just started a link up for people to share what they bake with their kids if you would like to share http://happywhimsicalhearts.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-lil-s-are-baking.html, warmly Kelly

Sherri said...

These look delicious!
I love the adorable aprons...I'm an apron mom!

Carrie said...

Yum! They sound delicious. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!