Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Easy Upcycled Snowman Collage for Preschoolers

snowman craft for kids

I tend to start deep cleaning, recycling, throwing away, and organizing the house in January.  I think I get energized once we clear out our Christmas decorations and start a new year.  One of my chores was to pull back issues of magazines and send them to the recycle bin.
snowman craft

But before I sent the stack off, I gave Juiciness and Sassyfras each a magazine and a paper punch.  I told them to look for pictures that they liked the colors in and to punch them out so we could dress some snowmen.

snowman craft
The scallop punch was easier to use, so they punched five pictures and then traded paper punches until they had enough to make their snowmen.

upcycled crafts for kids
To make our snowmen you'll need...
old magazines
paper punches
paper plates
glue
googly eyes
buttons
chipboard accessories
snowman craft for kids

Once they finished punching circles and scallops from magazines, they glued them to a dinner sized paper plate and let them dry.  In the meantime they worked on the faces.
snowman craft
Sassyfras dressed her snowman up with a princess crown, flower hair clip, and a heart.  Juiciness  made a cowboy sheriff snowman.  I love that they were able to do most of the work themselves.  Aren't they cute!

Easy snowman collage craft for kids

19 comments :

Christy said...

Adorable! My kids love to use paper punches.

S. Parker said...

These are so cute!

We Can Do All Things said...

This is a great idea, so cute!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very cute indeed! I like that you managed to give these magazines one last run!

The Southern Product Queen said...

It's linky party time again! This post would be great at it if you wanna share it! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

Lindsay said...

Very cute! What a great way to use up something that was going to be thrown away!

Sarah said...

super cute! :)

maggy, red ted art said...

I LOVE your snowmen, they are GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Sherri said...

Love all the upcycle ideas! Your such a fun creative mom! :)

sbswtp said...

What a great project!!! I am totally adding this to my list of fun snowman activities :-)

Lindsi B said...

This is fabulous!!! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-5.html

Natasha said...

so so cute!!

Natasha xx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

So cute! You always come up with the cutest ideas!!! I'd like to come over with my kids to play at your house =-)
Beth (TGIF)

PrairieJenn said...

Love it! Super cute snowmen:)

Ally @momstownteach said...

Now I want a paper punch - these are so cute!

Ally @momstownteach said...

Now I want to buy a paper punch - these are so cute!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

These are super cute!!! I really want a paper punch now, too!

Growing Book by book said...

What a cute idea. I'll need to pin this.

Growing Book by book said...

What a cute idea. I'll need to pin this.