I posted 10 easy and inexpensive ways to show your kids you love them last week and thought I would share a few more ideas.
- Put a fortune cookie in their lunch, but exchange the fortune for one you write.
- Say it with a picture. Put a family picture in their pocket and write, "We love you!" on it.
- Use window markers to leave them notes on the car window or bathroom mirror.
- Go eat lunch with them at school and take something special to eat, like pizza! Even if you work, it's so worth taking a lunch hour here and there to do this with them. You get to see who their friends are and hear what they talk about without seeming intrusive. Little J loves, loves, when I stop by for lunch.
- Plan a family night. It can be as simple as dinner and a movie...you just need to eat and watch with them!
- Plan individual dates with each child. Amy at Let's Explore did a pack of dates for her girls for Christmas. I loved this idea! We're fortunate to have grandparents nearby, so when Daddy has one kiddo and I have another, the third one gets one on one time with the grands. We're planning to do this for one rotation, so 3 different times, and see how everyone likes it.
- Give them a back rub.
- Leave a note or picture on their bedside table to see in the morning.
- Let them teach you something. They all have special interests and talents. Take some time to let them tell or show you what they are.
And one last one...just simply have fun with them!
Linking to: ABC and 123, Sun Scholars Fun for the Kids Friday, Living Life Intentionally, Sharing Saturday, No Time For Flashcards