Monday, January 9, 2012

10 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them

    Aside from doing all typical things a parent does to show and tell their children to love them, there are plenty of ways to show your kids they're special and you love them.  Here are 10 simple and inexpensive ways to do something out of the ordinary to let your kids know you're thinking of them and love them.
  1. Tumble a beach towel in the dryer to make it warm and cozy for bath time.
  2. ways to show your kids you love them


    ways to show your kids you love them

  3. Make special hot cocoa, not too hot and not too cold, for no special reason.
  4. fun hot cocoa, ways to show your kids you love them

  5. Have their favorite board game set up and play it with them when they come home from school.
  6. ways to show your kids you love them
  7. Leave a Hershey Kiss in their lunchbox and tell them there's a real one waiting for them at home.
  8. Leave a magnetic message on the refrigerator for them.
  9. ways to show your kids you love them
  10. Hide a dollar in their pocket for them to find.
  11. Little Wonders' Days, ways to show your kids you love them
  12. Pull out their baby book and read it with them.
  13. ways to show your kids you love them

  14. Wake up a few minutes early to snuggle with them before starting the day.
  15. Take an after dinner walk and talk about whatever they want.
  16. Do their chores with them.
  17. ways to show your kids you love them





31 comments :

Jenn - @jennabitbol said...

These are so great! I like the towel idea a lot and plan to use it tonight!!

jeana said...

LOVE this list! The towel and the dollar in the pocket will make our boys' day for sure! Thanks!

Amy@Let's Explore said...

Love it! The warm towel is a huge hit here, too. I'm going to do the dollar one this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Such sweet ideas, I really love this list - thanks so much for taking the time to put it together and share it with your readers.

Christy said...

So sweet!

Lindsay said...

What sweet ideas!! I need to do some more of these little things to make Sammy feel loved! Thanks for the ideas and reminder to do the little things!

babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, oh my! said...

those are such sweet ideas! I really need to take more time to do those things with my kids!! thanks for sharing!

melissa said...

love this! i am always looking for ways to lavish my little ones with love. to make them feel special on the daily!!

Jenny said...

These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Dropped by from Show & Tell BH.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love number 8 :) Starts the day on a happy note.

Ticia said...

LOVE it! I totally agree with the towel, and need to remember to do it.

Jessica said...

Those are sweet things.

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

Profound and simple! Love the ideas :) Thanks.

creeksidelearning.com said...

Love this! Thank you. :-)

Lindsi B said...

This is great! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

Jode said...

What a lovely post with great ideas...just dropping by from TGIF linky

Natasha said...

.love the towel idea!!

would love it if you could share this on my link party
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

This is very sweet with such great ideas. Thank you for sharing!

Holly said...

I like it! Thanks for sharing! I'm stopping by from welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

LOVE this list!! We are so lucky to be moms and sometimes we (I) take that for granted. Thanks for reminding me to be intentional with my kids this week! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
Beth =-)

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I just wanted to let you know this was the most clicked on link at TGIF last week! It is featured this week at TGIF Linky Party here - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/01/tgif-linky-party-13.html - Thanks for sharing your creativing with all of us!!
Beth =)

Sue @ ChocolateCakeMoments.com said...

What a nice list. I love the board game idea since my kids are always asking to play a game with me. Thanks for the reminder that it doesn't take much to make your child's day.

jeannine: waddlee-ah-chaa said...

Oh how sweet. It really is the little things that say "I Love You!"

Anonymous said...

love it! I have always woken up 30 minutes early so I can snuggle with my son before the chaos of getting ready for school begins. It's our favorite part of the day.

Sarah @ ActivityHero said...

Love this, so sweet.

Determined2BDebtFree said...

I love these ideas! I wish the Canadian dollar wasn't a coin so I could do the money in the pocket thing! Coins get too easily lost, but I guess if I did that one less often then the others so as not to break the bank, I could do a $5 bill?! Maybe I'll try that after a good week if hard work at Autism therapy!

Laura Imler said...

I did $7 in my boys' pocket with a note attached that said "Thank you for being a great boy 7 days a week! I am so blessed to be your Mom! I love you!" They were so excited--like Christmas morning in August! :) Thanks for the great ideas!

Kelly at Little Wonders' Days said...

That's really sweet Laura! I bet they were thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Definitely doing the money thing for my brother

The Budget Diet said...

Great list and a great reminder that money is not the answer!

4 You With Love said...

Gave this great post a shout out!

http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/12/show-your-kids-you-love-them.html

Marilyn