Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year's Eve Activities for Kids

New Year's Eve Activities for Kids
I've been up to my shaving cream painting antics again.  This time I used silver and gold acrylic paint to swirl paint treat bags and card stock to cut out some stars and other decorations for New Year's Eve .

New Year's Eve activities for kids
I've packaged the bags with some fun things to hand out as the evening goes along. 
New Year's Eve activities for kids

We normally start our New Year's fun around 5:00 and end around 8:00.  I didn't put times on our bags. I have a list of possible activities for the night, more on that later, and didn't want to feel too scheduled.

New Year's Eve activities for kids


New Year's Eve activities for kids
I found these light up balloons at Walmart in the party section and thought they would be fun for New Year's Eve.

New Year's Eve activities for kids

My kids love to have their faces painted.  This will probably be one of the first activities we do for the night.  I usually google some face painting sites and let the kids pick out a design.  I found I have an easier time with full faces than small designs.  We have some gold hair spray too!


Christy said...

We don't usually do much for New Year's Eve, but I love all of your ideas. I'm thinking this might be a good year to start having some fun with it!

I have been meaning to tell you that I am posting here: http://snacksandstories.blogspot.com/
in addition to my private blog now.

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys will have a lot of fun on New Year's Eve. :-) Love the bags!

The Southern Product Queen said...

Love your ideas! Its Linky party time again at http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/2011/12/27/the-linky-party-1227-1231/ Thanks for sharing!

Phyllis said...

Looks like some great ideas and I love your swirled bags. Beautiful.

Raising a Happy Child said...

It looks like you have a full plan, as always :) Your bags look lovely!

Christina said...

Love the glowing balloons! I am going to have to look for those, my kids would love them!
I would love it if you would share this at my "It's a Celebration" link party. Great goodie bag ideas for kids!

Brittney said...

I want to come! Those balloons look so fun!


Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Your bags look amazing!! What a cool idea!
Beth (TGIF)