Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hark The Herald Angels Sing, Advent Day 17

advent activities, angels, christmas crafts for kids

Hark the Herald Angels Sing is our carol of the day.  I think they like hearing the song better than singing it, but we'll see how the day goes.  

Photobucket

We made some paper angels this morning using this pattern.  I cut the angels out of construction paper and then put out a tray of craft items to decorate them. 

Photobucket

Juiciness liked adding sequins to his angel.  He piled them on at one point and I wasn't sure how it would look, but it actually made a very pretty 3D effect.
Photobucket

Photobucket

They used my Martha Stewart paper punch on the skirts of the angels.  You could also us a hole puncher to give it a similar look.

Photobucket

I thought these Lindt chocolate angels were too cute to pass up for this day.

7 comments :

Phyllis said...

I have that pattern bookmarked too to make angels one year. I never seem to get to all the things I want to do in a year. I love the addition of the chocolate angels. Lovely.

Lindsay said...

So cute!! Love the punch at the bottom!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Thanks for sharing the pattern - I think your angels turned out very cute!

Carrie said...

So fun. I would love it if you would share at my sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/12/sharing-saturday-10.html. Thank you!

Olivia said...

I love this idea! I'm pinning it. Thanks for the post.
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Thank you so much for sharing them at Sharing Saturday!!

The Sunshine Crew said...

very cute idea! love your angels!
Will add them to my board for Crafts on Pinterest.
Stopping by from Sunday Showcase! Hope that you will pop by my blog to say hello!
http://sunriselearninglab.blogspot.com/2011/12/pine-cone-fun-elves-trees-and-scenery.html

Colleen
a.k.a. Pinterest Mama