Friday, December 23, 2011

Make a Buche De Noel Log for Advent

Buche De Noel log recipe

I chose to teach the kids "The First Noel" for our advent carol today.  I say chose because we are really not following my advent plans anymore.  We have just gone with what we wanted to do. It has helped having a list of ideas and all the supplies already on hand though. 
how to make a buche de noel log

I have always wanted to make a Buche De Noel log, but something about rolling a cake scared the pants off me!  Little J helped me in the kitchen this morning to make one though and it really was easy.

the first noel activities
We followed this recipe.  There is no flour in this cake, another thing that really worried me.  However, if you can't have flour, this is a great dessert.

how to make a buche de noel log

It actually worked!  It rolled right up without any trouble. 

how to make a buche de noel log

It unrolled without any trouble too!  The frosting in this cake is delicious!  We'll see what everyone thinks tonight, but if all goes well, this recipe is a keeper.  I just might keep how simple it was to myself!

**Post update info-  This cake was incredible.  It's one that will be made again!

6 comments :

Lindsay said...

That looks super tasty!

Christy said...

I have always wanted to do this too! I recently saw one without flour on The Chew, and it looked good. I am definitely afraid of rolling it!

Phyllis said...

Thank you for posting this! I have been meaning to make one for years and I guess I have been scared of it, too, because I never seem to get to it. LOL Thank you for sharing that it wasn't too hard!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I think it looks great! Making one for Christmas dessert this year (just a choc jelly roll cake with ice cream in the middle and hot fudge on top). Hope it turns out as well!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This looks like an excellent log. I have never tried a cake without flour before.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Buche de Noel is my absolute favourite Christmas dessert. I am sure your family will love it!