Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Dessert, Delicious Tiramisu

New Year's Eve Party Dessert

Lest you worry that the adults in our house are being left out of any fun, don't you fret. I've made one of our favorite sinful desserts, tiramisu. I originally found this  recipe in the November 2008 Oprah Magazine, but searched and found it here to share with you. 
best tiramisu recipe

Although it's a decadent dessert, it's super easy to make. Gathering the ingredients can sometimes be a chore though. I found the ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese at Trader Joe's. Fortunately, our local grocery store carries pasteurized eggs.  I can make the espresso at home, but if you can't, a cup of very strong coffee will work.

easy tiramisu recipe

It really doesn't take much time to make this dessert, but you will want to make it in advance so the flavors blend.  The recipe calls for you to brush the ladyfingers with the espresso blend, but I dip them.  You want them to have plenty of the liquid and not be soggy.  I use my Pampered Chef shaker to dust the cocoa powder on each layer. It keeps the cocoa from being clumpy.
New Year's Eve Dessert

I'm serving the tiramisu with Gruet's Brut Rose, a sparkling wine that I think pairs great with desserts. 

Happy New Year!


Christy said...

Sounds great! Tiramisu is my favorite dessert!

We are having our first Happy Friday Night inspired date night tonight. I found Ripe Agave Margarita mix at Whole Foods and I'm pairing margaritas with tortilla soup and chicken nachos. My drink will be virgin (breastfeeding). Thanks for the inspiration - we are both looking forward to it!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yum! I've made tiramisu before, but never used the actual cheese in it. Mine is not authentic ;-)

Kavi said...

I'm too scared to even attempt a tiramisu! We don't get ladyfingers or mascarpone cheese in India! :) But this recipe seems easy enough. Shall try it soon. Happy new year!

(Edible Entertainment)
Ongoing events:
Jingle All The Way &
Microwave Easy Cooking

Lindsay said...

That looks delicious!!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Thanks for the recipe - I pinned it to try at some point. It does look easy from your description!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

One of my favorite desserts! It looks so yummy! Would you link up to my party going on? I'd for you to share this!

Phyllis said...

Oh, yum!!

Kim said...

That looks so good! Hope you have a happy New Year's!

Liz said...


Emily said...

this looks amazing!!! Would love for you to come over and share at my Tasty Tuesday party. It will be open later tonight through Friday. Happy New Year.