Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Story Bracelet

A kind reader emailed me the other day to let me know she liked the Thanksgiving story bracelets we made.  She wanted to know if I had any book suggestions to go along with a Christmas story bracelet. I had to look through our book stash, but in the meantime, I accidentally deleted the email.  If you are that reader, I'd love to hear from you again!  Here is what I came up with.

How to make a Christmas story bracelet

Usborne Young Bible Tales Christmas Story is a nice book for the preschool crowd and retells the Christmas story in a simple and easy to understand way. 
christmas story bracelet

I used beads we already had to make this bracelet, but I think they work nicely.  I chose a white chenille stem to represent purity.

White bead- An angel appears to Mary.

Blue bead- The angel tells Mary she is going to have a baby boy and to name him Jesus.

Light brown bead (grey would be fine too)- Mary and Joseph rode a donkey to Bethlehem to be taxed.

Dark brown bead- When they arrived in Bethlehem, there was no room in the Inn.  Mary and Joseph had to sleep in the manger.

Purple bell- baby Jesus is born.  Purple represents royalty and the bell reminds us to tell the Good News.

Clear star bead- A very bright star appears in the sky.

White bead- An angel appears to shepherds keeping watch in the field and tells them Jesus has been born.

2 Clear beads- The shepherds go to see Jesus.

Clear star bead- Wise men see the very bright star and travel to see Jesus.

Gold, Purple, and Red beads- Represent the wise men and their gifts.




17 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very neat idea! I envision your Christmas story bracelets popping up all over the Net now :)

Joyful Learner said...

Great idea! We'll use this for our Sunday School class!

Kylie said...

Fabulous idea :-) I'd like to invite you to link them up to Christmas Fun - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-fun-2011-week-1-its-craft.html

Ticia said...

That is wonderful! I need to remember this for my Sunday school class!

Sarah said...

It was me that emailed you!! I thought the idea was great and I knew that you would have no problem putting it together!! :) Thank you! We'll be making them soon!

Little Wonders' Days said...

I thought it was you Sarah, but I wasn't sure. I'm glad you like it. Have fun!

Rachel Kaylynn said...

We loved your Thanksging braclets too! My oldest went around and told all of our family the story, he was so proud :). Super excited to make this bracelet with him. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

Brilliant!

Play and Learn with Dana said...

Love this,will definitely be doing this!

MiaB said...

This is so great. I want to do this for my daughter :) Thanks for posting. Stopping by from Link & Learn.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

LOVE it! You are always so creative & crafty =-) And this is a book we dont' have; I am going to check it out! Thanks for sharing it on TGIF! See you next week,
Beth =-)

Carrie said...

What a great idea!! Thanks.

April's Homemaking said...

I love the idea of story bead bracelets, such a fun way to help children remember and retell the story, great idea, thanks!!

Carol Stump said...

Thanks for this great idea! Rather than a bracelet, my little boys beaded an ornament for the tree. We used gold braid ribbon with a knot tied at the bottom, beaded in order bottom to top, then three knots and a loop. It was fun -- and meaningful! (And yes, my six-year-old can retell the story with the beads!)

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for this. We also did your thanksgiving bracelet and my kids loved it. My 4 year old was teaching me byt then of the day. I shared with Deb at livingmontessorinow.com. I hope you do not mind--Thanks you again Michelle

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is really great way to learn the Christmas story!

Please link this post to my Christmas Traditions link up in the Craft section! It starts today!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this project. My children will love it and I shared your link with my friends.
Jami