Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chess Anyone?


My father taught Little J how to play chess over Thanksgiving and since then he has been addicted to the game.  He got a chess board for Christmas and I've played countless games ever since.  When I finally cried for mercy yesterday, Little J declared he was going to teach Sassyfras how to play. 

While thankful for the reprieve, I did suggest to him that she was a little young and he was lucky she could play tag with him.  This did little to deter him and she was over the moon that he wanted to play with her.  Well, I have to say it was most entertaining to eavesdrop on their game.  At one point he declared, "I think I'm going to Win".


Christy said...

So cute. C got a chess board too and he is really excited to learn how to play.

Lindsay said...

What fun! I can't wait for Sammy to be old enough to learn how to play too!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I am holding out for another year with chess, but I can't wait to teach Anna. I think it's such a fun game!

Joyful Learner said...

No Stress Chess is how we got started and it's been an addiction ever since! Happy New Year!