Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wintery Snack Mix

Photobucket

The kids enjoyed our fall snack mix so much that we made a "wintery mix" one last week.  We made a few little jars of it for little gifts, some in Ziploc snack bags for our trip, and the rest in a Tupperware for later.

Photobucket
Our recipe
Teddy grahams
Dried blueberries
White chocolate pretzels (those new chocolate and candy cane pretzels would be yummy!)
Marshmallows
Christmas M&M's
Caramel Popcorn

Photobucket

This is a very easy mix for kids to do by themselves.  I had to open a couple of packages, but they did the pouring, mixing, and scooping.

Photobucket

Again, it's not meant to be a healthy snack, just a little treat every now and then. 

Photobucket



11 comments :

Christy said...

Fun! My kids love to make and eat mixes like this.

Lindsay said...

What fun! I bet Sammy would love this!

Sherri said...

I love snack mixes and this one looks yummy..and is pretty!

babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, oh my! said...

i love snack mixes and so do my kiddos! Will defintely be adding this one to my list of snacks!!

Christina said...

I just love your BLOG... I am giving you THE VERSATILE BLOG AWARD http://worldgoneblue.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blog-award.html
Christina- The Only Thing Pink

Raising a Happy Child said...

It looks very wintery indeed!

Zina :: Let's Lasso the Moon said...

Ok, I know it wouldn't fit in your yummy mix, but... I was at the store this week and I didn't see any Mint M&Ms in the holiday stash. I was so disappointed. Your post is adorable!

Shiloh said...

Yum! We used to do mixes like this. we'd eat them while we decorated the Christmas tree.:)

Child Care Aware® of Central Missouri said...

This is so cute! I love doing "make your own" snack mixes with kids, and this is a great holiday option.

Lindsi B said...

Im looking at that mix and the song "there's a party in my tummy" keeps coming to mind. Looks so good! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

YUM!! This is so different than most - LOVE it!
Beth (TGIF)