Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Craft, Turkey Collages

Turkey collages

I printed and cut this turkey out from here and set it out with some other crafting materials for the kids to make some collages.

Thanksgiving turkey collages
Materials
feathers
glue and scissors
chipboard pumpkins and stars
crayon rocks
corn
wool roving
foam stickers
cardstock

Photobucket

They started by decorating their turkey cutout.  I gave them a piece of brown paper bag to glue their turkey onto and finish their collage.

Photobucket

They were very focused on this project and really liked just having free use of the materials available to them.

Thanksgiving turkey collages, turkey crafts

They enjoyed cutting random pieces of paper and gluing them to their paper.  I'm not sure if they were trying to cut out an actual shape or just liked the process of cutting and gluing.

Photobucket
Juciness used the corn like you would for a mosaic.  When I set it on the tray, I was picturing it being glued on the bag for the turkey's food.  I'm glad I left them alone to do what they wanted though. 

10 comments :

Christy said...

Cute! I think we will do this too!

Eliza Kay said...

New follower from the Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

Check me out and consider a follow back!
http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

Joyce said...

These are really cute!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What fun collages! My kids always love having lots of fun things to touch & manipulate & getting to create their own masterpieces =-) THanks for sharing it on TGIF!
Beth =-)

Ticia said...

I love their collages!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This free exploration is best. Cute collages!

Sarah said...

they did great job...I love how they are so creative!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The free choice of materials was such a great idea! Cute craft!

I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up on Thursday!

Jenny said...

These are so cute! I think it's great to let kids use their imagination and see what they come up with. :)

Km said...

Sensationally fun!!!