Monday, November 21, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday Picnic

We actually did this muffin tin Monday a few weeks ago.  The weather was gorgeous so I decided to take Sassyfras and Juiciness to the park for lunch after preschool.  To make it easy on myself, I stopped by the grocery and hit the salad/hot bar.

Photobucket
Carrots, tofu, broccoli, pasta salad, and a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. Milk to drink and dip is in a separate container.

They haven't always been this way, but lately one food can't touch another food or there are serious "issues".  I thought about this ahead of time and brought some muffin liners with me and just popped them into the takeout containers.  I found it also helped me keep their portion size appropriate (I tend to over fill these containers).

Photobucket

They were excited to go to the park after school and we enjoyed a simple picnic in November!  Plus, we didn't have any food touching issues...although I still couldn't sell the tofu...oh well.


Linking to:  Muffin Tin Monday

6 comments :

Christy said...

I was going to say that I was impressed that the kids eat tofu, until I read the last sentence. I haven't done a muffin tin lunch in so long.

Lindsay said...

Looks delicious.. I am with them on the food touching.. I can "handle it" now but I would prefer it to not touch!

Candy Girl said...

A picnic, nice!

kewkew said...

Fortunately my kids don't have a food touching issue. I think you had a great solution and a great picnic idea.

lisa9999 said...

A great picnic. The tofu looks yummy.

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom said...

Those containers are awesome! Great for picnics and so much more.