Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hostess and Neighbor Christmas Gifts

I'm desperately trying to finish Christmas shopping.  I like to have it all finished by Thanksgiving so I can relax and enjoy the holidays. I find that I never know how many parties or dinners we will be invited to and attend. Also, while I don't make it a point to exchange gifts with neighbors, I do want to reciprocate the kindness if they happen to drop by with a little something. (I know that sounds a little scroogy, but I don't want to obligate them either.  I would rather invite them for dinner from time to time or enjoy a backyard cookout together.)

easy hostess and neighbor Christmas gifts
Starbucks cocoa, balsamic vinegar, wine, and flavored olive oil.  I have multiples of these gifts on hand.

I found that having a little stockpile of gifts on hand that most people would enjoy worked well last year.  I have put ribbons around the bottles so they're ready to go.  I've put them in my pantry along with a few gift bags, tags, and a pen. 

6 comments :

Christy said...

Great idea - I have to do this.

Raising a Happy Child said...

You are so well prepared. Wine is our "go to" hostess gift, but I like your other suggestions too.

Ticia said...

I need to do something like that.

Lindsay said...

I love the things you picked out! I am almost done.. I have one more big gift to pick out.. then a few books at a bookfair that opens the friday after Thanksgiving (not super crowded though). Then I will be done shopping!

Joyce said...

I have bought *one* present and some stocking stuffers for my son and that's it. I'm starting to panic. Haha! You're so well prepared and organized! Love the idea of keeping the bags and tags with them. Those are great gifts.

Sherri said...

Brilliant idea!