Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cocoa Rice Krispie Turkey Treats (and a Rudolph!)

Rice Krispie Turkey Treat, Thanksgiving treats

I helped the kids make some Cocoa Rice Krispie treats yesterday.  I surprised the kids by making them into the shape of a turkey.

Photobucket

The recipe is on the side of the box, but it's the same as regular rice krispie treats.

Photobucket

Sassyfras helped measure and pour the marshmallows and Little J and Juiciness measured and poured the cocoa rice krispies.  I did the actual cooking part. 

Photobucket

To make the turkeys, I used a hand shaped cookie cutter, some candy eyes, a candy corn for the nose, a piece of raspberry for the snood, and a few M&M's to give the feathers color.  I would have rounded out the bottom edges a bit, but once my kids discovered what I was up to, I had 3 eager "Do mine next!" kids surrounding me.

Photobucket

They were very yummy!

Photobucket

I couldn't help but sneak back into the kitchen to see if I could make a Rudolph treat or not.  I need bigger candy eyes, but I think he turned out really cute.  These would be fun to bring to a kid's Christmas party!


Linking to:  The Sunday Showcase, Be Different Act Normal, Link and Learn, For the Kids Friday, Sassy Sites Turkey Party, Tasty Tuesday












abc button
Tip Junkie handmade projects

16 comments :

Ticia said...

I think I have that hand cookie cutter........

Lindsay said...

Looks yummy and super cute!!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

These are so cute! Pinned to my "Thanksgiving" board!

Joyce said...

Those are seriously adorable! Great thinking using the hand cookie cutter! I'm pinning and sharing.

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

THis is super cute!!
Beth =-)

Christy said...

Very cute!

Jenny @ Adventures of the Smith Family said...

Cute! I'm going to have to find a hand cookie cutter now!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This looks very yummy and pretty. I am sure the kids will go wild for Rudolph too.

Erin said...

Super cute! Love the Rudolf too!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is cute! I love the reindeer too.

I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up on Thursday!

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!!! We are having a {turkey link up party} over at Sassy Sites tomorrow and would LOVE to have this at the party! Come on by on Monday when you get a chance and join the fun!

XOXO!! marni

Kelli said...

So cute! I could just gobble it up!
I'd love for you to link this up in my Thanksgiving Craft & Recipe link up!
http://3boysandadog.com/deals/2011/thanksgiving-craft-and-recipe-link-up/

Thanks, Kelli

Emily said...

Hi! Came over from Made By You Monday! This looks great! Would love for you to come over and link up to my Tasty Tuesday party going on now! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Aimee from Classified: Mom said...

Awesome recipe- I just pinned it on Pinterest! Thank you for sharing this with us on The Sunday Showcase

ginger @ literally inspired said...

This is so cute! I think my little guy would love decorating little hand turkeys! Thanks for sharing! I would love for you to come link up at my party if you have time. My readers would love this idea! http://www.literallyinspired.com/2011/11/what-you-talkin-bout-wednesday-moon-pig.html

Ginger

Lindsi B said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!! I love this! What a super idea! Could you please link this on my blog too? I'd love to share it with my readers.
http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html