Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Fruit

I made the kids some chocolate dipped fruit for an after school snack. I'm not sure that it's less sugar than Halloween candy, but it made me feel better that fruit was involved. I'm trying to keep my kids to one or two pieces of candy after school or after dinner. After a few days they usually forget they have Halloween candy and I can usher it out the door. We'll see....

Photobucket
apple wedge, star fruit, strawberry, and banana

After washing and cutting up some fruit, I dipped it in a little Baker's Dipping chocolate and let it set.  They loved it and no one asked about candy...at least right away :)

Photobucket


3 comments :

Lindsay said...

very fun!! That banana looks so tasty to me! :-)

Christy said...

We had chocolate covered strawberries on Halloween (a gift) - YUM!! Good luck with them forgetting about the candy - I am hoping that happens here too!!

Lovingmama said...

I am salivating! Those look so YUMMY!